Sunday, April 13, 2008

Getting my church on

I'm so thankful for TV while I'm in the mountains, I can get my church on without even leaving the cabin. Today I decided to watch Joel Osteen. Amazingly I made it almost 10 minutes before I had to run out of the room to vomit. On the plus side, I now know that as long as I am faithful (which was never defined) and live a life of integrity, God will pour out his blessings on me. I will become partner at the firm or I will go on to start my own company or become wealthy in some other way. I am so glad that the only time I will struggle or face hardship is when I am not faithful. Forget that whole relationship with God.... it's all about being a good person and I'm set! And some people wonder why Christianity is dying in this country......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that Joel made you vomit.... One time I watched him and he promised that I would get "extra handfuls" and a "corner lot" if I would just believe that God wants me to have a big house and be a CEO. That's almost verbatim. I'm still waiting on several things, not the least of which is a company that I could run. Good old Joel.